Tuesday, March 4, 2014

WHS Students Place in Regional Choir Contest

WHS hosted the regional LCRMEA Vocal Solo & Ensemble Contest on Saturday, March 1.
Schools participating were WHS, Camas, Prairie, Union, Heritage, Mt. View, Evergreen, Battleground, VSAA, and more.

Adjudicators from area universities awarded written comments and a rating.

I rating = Superior
II rating - Excellent
III rating = Satisfactory
IV and V ratings, below satisfactory

Washougal had a GREAT day, which included winners in 3 categories:

Nick Stevens:  I rating,  1st alternate (2nd place) Tenor Voice
Mac Wright:  I rating, 1st alternate (2nd place)  Baritone Voice
Melia Stewart:  I rating,  2nd alternate (3rd place)  Soprano Voice

Maddy Turner: II+ rating  (freshman)
WHS Mixed Large Ensemble"  I- rating
WHS Women's Large Ensemble:  I rating
WHS Men's Large Ensemble,  I- Rating

GO PANTHERS!!